Saturday 15 November 2008
All the versions of this article: [English] [français]
ACT OF PARLIAMENT
Law n°57-32 of January 10, 1957 Defining the Statutes of Agence France-Presse.
Consolidated Version as of March 24, 2012
Is hereby created, under the name of Agence France-Presse, an autonomous civil entity functioning under commercial rules.
The said body having as its purpose:
- To seek out, in France and all of the French Union as well as abroad, the elements of a complete and objective information service;
- To place that information at the disposal of users in exchange for payment.
The activities of Agence France-Presse must comply with the following fundamental obligations:
- Agence France-Presse may under no circumstances take account of influences or considerations liable to compromise the exactitude or the objectivity of the information it provides; it may under no circumstances fall under the control, either de facto or de jure, of any ideological, political or economic grouping;
- Agence France-Presse must, to the full extent that its resources permit, develop and enhance its organisation so as to provide French and foreign users with exact, impartial and trustworthy information on a regular and uninterrupted basis;
- Agence France-Presse must, to the full extent that its resources permit, ensure the existence of a network of facilities giving it the status of a worldwide information service.
- The full text of SUD-AFP’s annotated translation is available on the "SOS-AFP" web site, at http://www.sos-afp.org/en/statutes
- En français : télécharger la version intégrale à partir du site "SOS-AFP’ (fichier imprimable au format PDF, 113Ko).
- Pour en savoir plus : http://www.sos-afp.org/fr/statuts
Translation SUD-AFP by David Sharp - http://www.sharp-words.com/